PUTRAJAYA, April 5 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today received a courtesy call from a delegation of football association leaders headed by International Football Federation (FIFA) President, Gianni Infantino at Perdana Putra, here.
Accompanied by the Japan Football Association (JFA) President, Kohzo Tashima and Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Secretary-General Datuk Windsor John, Infantino was greeted by Dr Mahathir at his office at 4pm.
The meeting lasted for almost half-an-hour.
Also present were Youth and Sports Minister Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman and Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) President, Datuk Hamidin Mohd Amin.
It was the first formal meeting between the Malaysian prime minister and a FIFA president since the 1960s, when Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al Haj received Stanley Rous on many occasions.
- ASEAN, FIFA Ink MoU to Focus on Social Development Through Football
- Dr Mahathir, Lee hold annual talks in Putrajaya
- Dr Mahathir breaks fast with Cabinet members
- Government Agrees to Appoint a Youth to Represent Them in The Senate
- King, Malay Rulers Attend Dinner at Istana Negara
297 total views, 3 views today