PETALING JAYA, April 3 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today reiterated that the decision to recognise the Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) can only be made by the government.
He said the decision taken by the Legal Profession Qualifying Board to recognise the UEC was only their own opinion.
“If we want to recognise (it), it is the government that must recognise,” he told reporters after chairing the Bersatu Supreme Council meeting here tonight. Dr Mahathir is also Bersatu chairman.
The board’s chairman Tommy Thomas, who is also Attorney-General, recently had issued a statement saying that the UEC qualification at the Senior Middle 3 level could be accepted as meeting the STPM examination requirement to sit for the Certificate in Legal Practice Examination from 2021.
The UEC is a standardised test for Chinese independent high schools in the country.
- Mahathir Responds to Johor’s Capping of Youth Age at 40
- Important for Sarawak to Be Allied to Federal Government – Dr Mahathir
- SB’s Role in Pastor Koh’s Disappearance Merely Hearsay – PM
- No Immediate Need to Recalibrate Budget – PM
- Formation of Bersatu in Sabah not to take over state government – Dr Mahathir
341 total views, 1 views today