LANGKAWI, March 30 2019 (Bernama) — A couple’s wish to repair their dilapidated house in Kampung Kelibang Tepi Laut has finally come true, courtesy of the country’s number one leader.
Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad took some time off his hectic schedule on the resort island to visit the home of Othman Bakar, 66, and his wife Indon Abdul Rahman, 53 in the village.
What is more heart-wrenching is that Othman, a former house builder, has been paralysed for the last four years, thus making it difficult for his wife to bathe him.
Dr Mahathir, who is also the Langkawi MP, not only asked about Othman’s health, but also enquired about their house and even took a closer look at the couple’s abode.
When he was about to leave, Dr Mahathir handed the couple a personal contribution and promised that he would get their house repaired.
He then spent some time looking at the situation in Pangkalan Sungai Kelibang here and was briefed by Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) Kelibang division chief Kamarudin Samah.
- PM, Wife attend Langkawi Bersatu People’s Feast
- Plan to Move Bukit Malut Residents to Proper Housing to Be Implemented
- No Need for Azmin to Take Leave Over Video Probe – Tun Dr Mahathir
- Storm disaster: Dr Mahathir checks on destruction in Pantai Tengah
- Housewife fulfils dream to meet Dr Mahathir
175 total views, 2 views today