KUALA LUMPUR, March 19 (Bernama) — Malaysia is committed to friendly economic ties with all its partners especially those with whom the country has the strongest and closest links, says the Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
While the government would like to see the private sector plays a bigger role in contributing towards the economy, he said it would also continue to welcome foreign investment from all countries.
“The focus is not about which country the investment originates from, but it is about the value proposition of the ventures which have to bring balanced benefits to both sides,” he said in his keynote address at the Invest Malaysia 2019 here, today.
Fundamentally, he said the ventures must be commercially and economically sound and provide strategic advantages to the country.
“We may have differences of views – as with Singapore and China – but we see them as close partners. They are our top two key trading and investment partners. With mutual respect we will always find ways to benefit from mutual interest,” he added.
- Duterte shares various issues of mutual interest with Dr Mahathir
- Dr Mahathir’s working visit to Russia to attend EEF 2019
- Pollution in Pasir Gudang Should Not Have Recurred – Dr Mahathir
- Petronas’ White Paper to Stimulate Action Towards Achieving Paris Agreement – Tun M
- Malaysia Maintains Economic and Trade Policy Despite Change of Government – PM Mahathir
338 total views, 2 views today