SEPANG, March 18 2019 (Bernama) — One hundred and thirty seven students of the Malaysia-Japan Higher Education Programme (MJHEP) sponsored by Yayasan Pelajaran Mara (YPM) received congratulation cards signed by Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad before leaving for Japan today.
The congratulation greetings were presented by Rural Development Minister Datuk Seri Rina Mohd Harun in a ceremony prior to the students’ departure at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) here today.
Speaking to reporters after the ceremony, Rina said all the students had completed their three-year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering course in the country.
“All of them will be finishing their two-year degree-level course in 24 universities throughout Japan,” she said.
According to Rina, YPM is spending RM350,00 on each student in the form of fully-sponsored scholarship. The batch comprised 71 men and 66 women students.
MJHEP was inspired by Tun Dr Mahathir when he was the fourth Prime Minister based on the Look East Policy.
- Dr Mahathir Conferred Honorary Doctorate by Japan University
- Science and Technology Can Be Good or Bad, the Choice Is Yours – Dr Mahathir
- Government Eyes Using Recorded Lessons in Schools – Dr Mahathir
- PM Urges University Students to Uphold Values of Integrity and Rationality
- Dr Mahathir Welcomes Setting up Of Japanese Universities in Malaysia
432 total views, 2 views today