KUALA LUMPUR, March 1 (Bernama) — The price of affordable houses in the market should be below RM300,000, said Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamed.
“As the economic status of the people has improved, the price of affordable houses, in principle, should be below RM300,000,” he said when officiating the Home Ownership Campaign Expo, here today.
Speaking to reporters at the event, Housing and Local Government Minister Zuraida Kamaruddin concurred with the Prime Minister’s suggestion over the price of affordable houses, particularly in the Klang Valley, and it should be even cheaper outside of Kuala Lumpur.
“In our (the ministry’s) guideline, the price of affordable houses is below RM300,000,” he said, adding that it would not be considered affordable if it were the range of RM300,000-RM500,000 as it is meant for those in the middle 40 per cent household (M40) income group.
- Emulate Melaka in building ‘Rumah Peduli’ affordable houses – PM
- Higher land price may spell unaffordable Kampung Baru property prices
- Innovation, Digital Technologies to Address Demand for Affordable House – PM
- No Immediate Need to Recalibrate Budget – PM
- TAKE OVER OF HIGHWAYS BASED ON GOVT’S CAPABILITY – PM
334 total views, 1 views today