LANGKAWI, Feb 24 2019 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said the takeover of highway concessions would be done according to the government’s capability.
He said talks with Gamuda Berhad to take over the four highway concessions in the Klang Valley were the first step taken by the government to fulfill its general election manifesto.
Since taking over the government, Dr Mahathir said the Pakatan Harapan (PH) had been thinking about how to fulfill their promises.
“We are focusing on what we can do namely the highways in Kuala Lumpur, but we will be expanding to other tolls in other areas. We are doing it according to our capability,” he told a press conference after launching the national-level “Kampungku Sihat” programme at the Langkawi parliamentary constituency service centre here today.
Commenting on talks with Gamuda Berhad, Dr Mahathir said the process was being handled by Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng.
“We start with a few tolls just based on our capability, to stop the toll collection, the government must buy these roads (which) will cause huge expenses to the government,” he said.
SOURCE : BERNAMA
- No Decision yet on Method of Reducing Toll – Dr Mahathir
- Buying Over PLUS Does Not Stop Toll Collection – Mahathir
- Plan to Move Bukit Malut Residents to Proper Housing to Be Implemented
- PM, Wife attend Langkawi Bersatu People’s Feast
- Slow Funding of Projects Affects All States Including Sabah – PM
202 total views, 3 views today