KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 26 2019 (Bernama) — Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today called for the upgrading of safety measures and maintenance of the ferries serving Langkawi in the wake of a ferry that caught fire yesterday.
“We are grateful that there was no loss of lives,” the Prime Minister posted on his official Twitter account.
Fifty-two passengers were rescued by nearby boats and ferries after the Dragon Star 1 ferry caught fire soon after leaving the Kuah Ferry Terminal in Langkawi for Kuala Perlis at 2.45 pm yesterday.
Dr Mahathir, who is the MP for Langkawi, expressed his gratitude to the rescue team and others who helped the passengers to safety.
- PM, Wife attend Langkawi Bersatu People’s Feast
- PM Fulfils Couple’s Wish to Repair Dilapidated House
- Sports will spur legend island’s economic development – PM Mahathir
- ‘People power saves Malaysia’ wins nation’s coveted book award
- Don’t Be Too Dependent on Offerings – Dr Mahathir
97 total views, 2 views today