KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 26 2019 (Bernama) — Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today called for the upgrading of safety measures and maintenance of the ferries serving Langkawi in the wake of a ferry that caught fire yesterday.
“We are grateful that there was no loss of lives,” the Prime Minister posted on his official Twitter account.
Fifty-two passengers were rescued by nearby boats and ferries after the Dragon Star 1 ferry caught fire soon after leaving the Kuah Ferry Terminal in Langkawi for Kuala Perlis at 2.45 pm yesterday.
Dr Mahathir, who is the MP for Langkawi, expressed his gratitude to the rescue team and others who helped the passengers to safety.
- Dr Mahathir attends Langkawi District Action Council Meeting
- Govt to look into new aviation centre – PM Mahathir
- MP Presents Labuan Economic Plan to Dr Mahathir
- PM, Wife attend Langkawi Bersatu People’s Feast
- Storm disaster: Dr Mahathir checks on destruction in Pantai Tengah
314 total views, 2 views today