1. The Prime Minister’s Office today announces the establishment of the Debt and Liability Management Committee, as stated in the Federal Budget 2019.
2. The key objective of this Committee is to reduce government’s debt and liabilities to a manageable level. The Committee is expected to complete its task within the next 18 months.
3. The committee members are experts in finance, economics, and law. The members of this Committee are:
a) Datuk Ahmad Badri Mohd Zahir – Treasury Secretary General, Ministry of Finance
b) To’ Puan Azian Mohd Aziz – Head of Advisory Division, Attorney General’s Chambers
c) Dr Muhammed Abdul Khalid – Economic Adviser to the Prime Minister
d) Gooi Hoe Soon – Board member of Bank Negara Malaysia
e) Faris Rabidin – Board member of Securities Commission
4. The appointments are effective immediately.
5. This Committee will report directly to the Prime Minister.
PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE
15 JANUARY 2019
- The Appointment of Economic Adviser to The Prime Minister
- Statement on Resignations of Khazanah Board Members
- The Appointment of Chairman of The Petronas Board
- Penubuhan Majlis Tindakan Ekonomi (Economic Action Council)
- Press Statement on Khazanah – 30 July 2018
496 total views, 3 views today