THE APPOINTMENT OF ECONOMIC ADVISER TO THE PRIME MINISTER
THE Prime Minister’s Office wishes to announce the appointment of Dr Muhammed Abdul Khalid as Economic Adviser to the Prime Minister.
Dr Muhammed is a trained economist with over 20-year experience in various economic and financial sectors. He was formerly a Director of Research at Khazanah Research Institute, Head of Economics at the Securities Commission Malaysia, and a senior analyst at the Institute of Strategic and International Studies (ISIS).
He has also served as the Senior Technical Advisor at the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Malaysia, and the Head of the Secretariat for the Council of Eminent Persons. He has been a consultant for the World Bank, United Nations Development Program (UNDP), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP).
He obtained his PhD (magna cum laude) from the Institut d’études Politiques de Paris (SciencesPo Paris), France. He holds a Master’s degree in Economics from University of Malaya and obtained his Bachelor of Science degree from University of Southern California, Los Angeles. Currently he is the Managing Director and Chief Economist at DM Analytics Malaysia.
The appointment is effective 27th August 2018.
PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE
24th AUGUST 2018
- Press Statement on Khazanah – 30 July 2018
- The Establishment of The Debt and Liability Management Committee
- The Appointment of Chairman of The Petronas Board
- Joint Statement Between Malaysia and Pakistan on The Occasion of The Official Visit of H.E. Imran Khan, Prime Minister of Pakistan to Malaysia
- Pelantikan Pengerusi Perbadanan Nasional Berhad
144 total views, 3 views today