Tun Jeanne Abdullah
Last updated on 20/03/2010
YBhg. Tun Jeanne is the eldest of four siblings and was born in Kuala Lumpur on 29 July 1953. She received her education in Sekolah Menengah Assunta. YABhg. Tun Jeanne has two daughters, Nadiah Kimie and Nadene Kimie.
YABhg. Tun Jeanne has vast experiences in administration and hoteling. She once involved in the management of several famous hotels in Malaysia, among them being Hilton Kuala Lumpur and Pan Pacific Hotel. At one point, YABhg. Tun Jeanne also served as Supervisor of the Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister’s official residence and later become the Manager of Seri Perdana Complex.
The wedding of YBhg. Tun Abdullah Haji Ahmad Badawi, The 5th Malaysia's Prime Minister and YABhg. Tun Jeanne was solemnised on 9 June 2007. As the wife of the Prime Minister, YABhg. Tun Jeanne are involved in several organisations as follows:
• President of the Association of Wives of Ministers and Deputy Ministers (BAKTI)
• Patron of the Wives of Civil Servants and Women Civil Servants Association (PUSPANITA)
• Patron of PUSPANITA, Ministry of Finance
• Patron of the Warriors Day
• President of the Girl Guides Association Malaysia
• Chairman of the National Landscape Advisory Panel
• Chancellor of Open University Malaysia
• Patron of the Malaysian Paralympic Council
YABhg. Tun Jeanne was bestowed with three state honours, as follows:
1) Seri Paduka Mahkota Selangor (S. P. M. S.) which carries the title “Datin Paduka Seri”(2007)
2) Darjah Utama Negeri Melaka (D. U. N. M.) which carries the title “Datuk Seri Utama” (2007)
3) Datuk Amar Bintang Kenyalang (D.A) which carries the title “Datuk Amar ”(2008)
On 24 Mei 2008, YABhg. Tun Jeanne was conferred the award of “Soka Women’s College Award of Highest Honour” from Soka Women’s College, Soka University, Japan. This award is given to YABhg Tun Jeanne in recognition of her contributions as the Chancellor of Open University Malaysia, which provide opportunities to lifelong learning to the society through its open and distance learning.
YABhg. Tun Jeanne is compassionate and cares about the welfare of the society, especially the senior citizen, single mothers, the physically disadvantaged (OKU), children and teenagers with poor academic achievement. YABhg. Tun has participated and supported various programmes related to the welfare of the community. YABhg. Tun Jeanne’s views on the importance of creating a caring society among the multiracial citizens has lead to several planned programmes that will promote the spirit of caring among Malaysian society in general.
YABhg. Tun Jeanne has a keen interest and expertise in floral arrangement. She is also passionate in gardening and landscaping. As the Chairman of the National Landscape Advisory Panel, several programmes will be conducted to promote public awareness on the importance to preserve the natural environment and greenery, in order to beautify our premises landscapes. In addition, YABhg. Tun is also an avid follower of local and foreign sports such as soccer, netball, hockey and golf.
On 3rd April 2009, The Yang di Pertuan Agong awarded the Seri Setia Mahkota (SSM) to YABhg. Tun Jeanne.
This page has been read 84867 times